Friday, October 7, 2011

First time on the 22' line... How interesting!

Aravis started our play time in a very interesting way... We've just started playing on the 22' line, I think she'd been wanting more space for the last day or so.

She started by doing about 7 crazy laps in either direction making voluntary transitions between trot, canter, and gallop! I laughed and laughed and laughed and told her how gorgeous and athletic she looked. For a Left Brain Extrovert, you don't want to stop their ideas, you want to help them. So I gave her all the space she wanted and let her run as much as she wanted. She settled down some more after she ran her adrenaline off and ended that statement by giving some nice and calm laps at the trot.

We started sideways game today which she did really really well for a first timer! I'm very proud of who she is with me and who she is just herself. Know what I mean? Just... Her.

I've also started some mounting from the fence simulations. When she fills out, she'll probably be a whole inch taller. I know I can mount 16 hands (I did it with a horse I was looking at) fine but it's quite useful to have a horse that knows this. I taught Cricket (12.2 hands) to come to the fence to mount. My point? It doesn't matter what size the horse is.

Today she was introduced to the tarp and she was very confident with it for any horse. Didn't even flinch, crossed it without any help from me, I just watched. She's such a diva!

She's SO close and I'm almost sure she's got so little time before she's done with Level 1!

-Priscilla




3 comments:

Jemima Anne Barr said...

sounds like shes a lady of high birth and knows it.

Priscilla said...

She's not really flamboyant and doesn't like to show off... She's just got her own style!

Jemima Anne Barr said...

i just need to meet her!

Blog Archive