Monday, October 3, 2011

First day.. First hour... of real play!

 (On Line, 60 mins) Played with a lot of things but mainly with the focus of the 3 Principle games in mind (Friendly, Porcupine, Driving). NOW I know why people told me quarter horses are so amazingly practical and smart!

She can do all of Level 1 Friendly Game
She can pick her front feet up with phase 1
She can let me skip and hop around her without any fear or worry
I can lead her through the walk, trot, and back up when leading
She will let me touch her everywhere

I can lead her and direct her from zone 3
I can send her onto a circle
I can play the yo-yo game 
I can play the squeeze game

I had a big "HOW INTERESTING!" moment when I was picking up her back feet. The fronts were amazingly good and not flinching or fidgety.

I did phase 1,2,3,4 (back feet), and waited..... and waited..... for 3 mins... then... s-h-i-f-t...... Oh boy! There it was! Other foot... Phase 1,2,3,4.... wait..... wait for SEVEN mins.... s-h-i-f-t.... YAY! So... the time difference and wait was a head scratcher... But cool!

I love this horse and will always... We're connecting

Some cool moments: When she lifted her fronts with P1, when I lead her from Z3, our undemanding time, when I could swing my rope around, when she did 2 laps around me, when she backed with me in Z3 with a phase 2... and that she respects my space all the time! This is one hour.. toDAY! that's the only Parelli training she's had!



What I learned: Picking up feet is a big deal! It's a dignity and dominance issue! It says a lot about the leader. Persistence is necessary! 


I loved today.... (except math!)


-Priscilla

2 comments:

Jemima Anne Barr said...

That is sooo cool. And amazing. And wonderful. She sound so sweet. I bet Cricket gave her the low down on you last night and told her what to do!

Priscilla said...

Cricket had a welcome speech

Blog Archive