Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Some ideas for Liberty

Pop Question:

What can you do with a small bag of potato chips, your carrot stick, and your savvy string? Btw: this is at liberty, with out a rope.

So... Cricket and I played the other day and here's how it went:

I got my stick and grabbed a small bag of potato chips and sat in the pasture for about 30 seconds before she walked up to me. She was very motivated - which was cute! :) The other horses followed her, so I said hi to them and then shooed them away. I did some friendly game and stick to me, she was fabulous.

Summing it up, we did:

Catching game
Friendly game
Circling game at the walk
Yo yo game
Spins
Figure eights
Stick to me
Canter Draw

--and much more! :) We had fun and I encourage you to try it!

Toodles!

Priscilla

2 comments:

virginagirl said...

Hey Priscilla,
I have some questions on how to get your horse(or mine) to jump nothing or jump/rear. I am teaching him to mirror me in everything I do for a game, but I can't figure out how to teach this. Can/Could/Would you do a tutorial for me on such things?
Thank you so much!
Love,
Lydia

Priscilla said...

Yes I can! Thank you... You want to teach him to rear and mirror you? Cool. I'll ask mommy if she can tape me. :)

Blog Archive