Saturday, July 17, 2010

"... in all four savvies.."

AH! You know what I haven't been doing? I'm so naughty! I haven't been learning in all four savvies equally, aka. --I'm uneven.

Online (with rope), Liberty (without rope), Freestyle (riding on a loose rein), and Finesse (concentrated/collected rein) all need to be equal! Well.. not really for all you level 1/2 people but by level 3/4 you should be trying to even them out! As I begin level 4 I'm realizing that we are really uneven, so-- I need to stop sweating it and fix it. Right.

Conclusion. Mow the small corner arena and make that a Liberty/Finesse play place. Aka, a sanctuary. Liberty is getting better! She has the general idea of the spin down, it was sloppy but now it's really nice! :) Shes doing circles one at a time at the walk, close range. Also, she is doing figure eights in the pasture too! :) I'm so happy with her! :)

Comments welcome, toodles!

Priscilla and Cricket

No comments:

Blog Archive