Monday, February 7, 2011

Living in the moment.. Why does this seem new to me?

WOW.. I had a blinding flash of the obvious about the way I need the approach Cricket and all horses really. Live in the Moment! Don't carry around baggage from previous sessions, I never really understood what "playing with the horse that shows up" really meant until now! It was INCREDIBLE the change I saw in Cricket. 


I've been very confused when I've been playing with Cricket the last few sessions and I don't know why but is consequence Cricket became confused as well. I think I was playing with the imaginary future Cricket or the dreaded Cricket of the past, I'm not sure which but either way, it was very wrong. Would I have wanted to be the horse at the end of my rope? No. I have to keep asking myself that. It was dreadful. 



Cricket and I warmed up *super* slow and I felt like I wasn't getting anywhere (but I was okay with it), we were playing touch it and point A to point B. She was VERY introverted and Catatonic. I kept it at the walk and *very* slowly I saw her confidence develop and she wasn't catatonic anymore. It was very good. Then we played stick to me at the walk and trot, that also was *very* good. She was quite a bit more warmed up and LB, I was very happy with it. She could trot all the way across the pen when I was only at a vigorous walk, then I went into a slow jog and she cantered with me which was pretty awesome. After that we played with patterns, I didn't get very far on the figure 8 before I realized that Cricket was *LEANING* into the halter towards the other horses, (*again*) and going Introverted. Blah! She went Introverted every time there was a turn, so I thought, "How can I make less turns and more draws?" Aha! Make it into a paper clip shape! She was leaning at first but I was persistent and the first time she came around the corner at the trot, running to me all without leaning, we *stopped*. We got off it! "Getting off it" is sometimes hard for me. 

After that I played with Brego, he was really willing and he's a quick learner. He's an LBI/RBE and very naive, it's hilarious. Brego has ZERO "baggage" and is always thinking we're just horses with long bodies. 


I think I said how interesting out loud for the first time without feeling any frustration at all today.... hmmm


Vanya Sulie!

Elrohwen   


No comments: