Monday, August 2, 2010

A life long apprenticeship



ex·cel·lence

  
–noun
1.
the fact or state of excelling; superiority; eminence.
2.
an excellent quality or feature

I am 13 years old, unable to go to a university yet. Today I was talking to a certain Parelli student working at Parelli Central. I asked her what I should do in the extra time between now and being old enough to become an instructor. She said (I do not quote) bring other horses to level 3- do everything with *excellence*. Not just horses! Gain experience, use your time well and wisely.

Right now, it seems as though it's a dragging weight. Excellence is something that takes time and feats- equally. The Parelli University Program will take money that I do not have, I could only earn this place. Knowledge is something that I crave, like reading. I seek it and apply it as best I can. I have a never quenched thirst for learning. I am an apprentice, one who will never stop learning. I am soaking up knowledge and the more I do the more I learn there is so much more! Can it be true? 

I by 18, I will be "ahead of the game". I am not focused on being "ahead of the game" at this point. Right now, I am striving for excellence and working at my life long apprenticeship. 

Toodles!

Priscilla





5 comments:

Priscilla said...

No comment?

lauren said...

nope...hay look cake. gtg.

Kerrin Koetsier said...

Hey Priscilla!

I just wanted to say that having time on your hands is an AWESOME thing, and I know that many people would kill to be where you are right now! So try not to get discouraged, and as I already said to you, use the next few years wisely :)

I really like what you said about being on a 'life-long apprenticeship.' I've always been a believer of living in the same way that I'd like to live in 5 years time, that way, arriving at Parelli is not the one goal. Rather, self-development is the goal. What is it that you'd eventually like to get out of your time at the Parelli university? And how much of that can you start learning now? Attitude plays a large part in it all, and obviously that's something you can develop today! Pat always talks about foundation before specialization... Do you see the things that you've done with your horses up till now as foundations, or specialization? How can you extend your foundations, so that your specialization is even greater?!

Of course the other important thing is to experience life, and go out and do loads of different things!

Pretty much everything I said to you the other day.....

Savvy on!
~Kerrin
Parelli Central

Priscilla said...

"Do you see the things that you've done with your horses up till now as foundations, or specialization?"-- Foundation.

"What is it that you'd eventually like to get out of your time at the Parelli university? And how much of that can you start learning now?"-- I want for Parelli University to teach me about specialization. I know it can and will. I can learn as much as possible now, about foundation so I will be ready for specialization.

I think I can extend my foundation much farther, the stronger/better the foundation, the more you build onto it. But of course, I don't want for Cricket to get board with foundation, we're good so far.

Kerrin Koetsier said...

Of course your foundations only need to be as strong and wide as you'd like your specialization to be! ;)

Kerrin
Parelli Central