Friday, May 21, 2010

Today's session and Molly and Sandy

Molly and Sandy are so silly!! Ha ha... I have some pictures of them in the previous posts.

Cricket and I had a lovely session! We started out with our one rein and bareback, we walked around for a while then I saw some Right Brain (spooky) behavior and I got off. She was better after that, yet it remained windy.

I then started doing some things to get her attention. Backing, sideways, shoulders-in, and draw. Kinda Dressage-ish. I LOVE HER! Okk... Then she wasn't spooky anymore and I didn't really want to get on after all, so I started just doing things to get her in sync with me, the stuff I mentioned previously. Her backing and following really got better and she was matching me, then I moved on to asking her to back by her tail. That went REALLY well. Then I did some zone 1 driving game and asked her to cut me like a cow (it's where you jump from side to side and the horse jumps to so he can match you), MIND BLOWING!!! Went amazing and she gave 110% to it! THAT WAS REALLY NICE!!!!! Ever seen a really nice horse cutting cows? This is what it was like!!

Toodles!

Priscilla

PS. Thank you Mr Edwards for introducing us to horses the natural way and showing us Parelli!!!! :) :) :)

No comments:

Blog Archive