Friday, May 28, 2010

Another update!

Time is going a little faster than I thought it would, which is a good thing!! :) If time continues to fly I'll see Abby sooner! :) 


Update on Brego, again:


He ate really fast yesterday, I think he really likes that senior feed! :) His ribs are no longer like a wash board but are just little bumps. His summer coat is going to be like last year, SO pretty. I'm seeing bits of it peaking through! It's kinda like this--


JudgesCriminalJusticebyPJWamble.jpg image by defrostindoors
---only a tad darker and shinier... 


Abby, 
I was looking at Alka-teke horses online (google image search) and I found this:





It looks JUST like Brego! Maybe he has a little bit of this breed... It made sense judging by the breed standard----


"By western standards the Akhal-Teke is not a perfect specimen.. Standing at about 1.57 m (15.2 hh), it is often long-backed with a tendency to be split-up behind, lacking the substantial second thigh so prized by western riders. The rib cage is also shallow but there is an unusually pronounced muscular development and the head, set on a long neck, is arresting in appearance."-- 


That sounds like Brego to me. The metallic sheen was there last summer, I'm sorry you missed it! Yes, he is still a mutt, but he might have some of this breed-- of course the draft, and quarter horse are probably still there, it's a possibility! :) Hmmm... I think I'm raving now. 


Toodles!


Priscilla


XOXOXOX

2 comments:

lauren said...

priscilla, I'm not sure what to say to this rant.

Unknown said...

Hi Priscilla:
The Akhal Teke breed can be anything from 14 hands to 16.5 hands. If you would like to know more about Akhal Tekes - or rather see more photos of Akhal Tekes you can check teke.ca - or join me on my Facebook site where I gather horse and Akhal Teke lovers, cheers, Ulrike

Blog Archive