Monday, March 7, 2011

A sixth sense

I have'nt ridden Brego since he's been my horse! Crazy? I've played with him on the ground a lot. Pat Parelli said in his Level 3 (VHS version) that when he's starting a younger horse, he takes it though Level 3 Online before mounting up. That's what I'm doing. So far, it's good.

A lot of people loose self control and hop on after the horse can be haltered and played with enough so it doesn't kill you. Not good. A lot of accidents happen over that, it's dangerous and horses and humans alike get hurt all to easily. What about the Calm, Smart, Brave and Athletic horse? What about it's Mental, Emotional and Physical fitness?

Since Parelli, I've developed a lot more self control. In fact, to me it's not even self control anymore, it's safety. I have no issues with getting on and off a horse in any situation, it's a sixth sense. It's there.

-Priscilla

2 comments:

Parelli Central said...

Just caught up with your blog since I've been gone for a couple weeks. Great plan for Brego! Best wishes for your journey with him...

Petra Christensen
Parelli 2Star Junior Instructor
Parelli Central

Priscilla said...

Thanks so much!!

Blog Archive