Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I had another lesson with my Parelli Instructor, Tina Giordano, yesterday. This time, I had Brego instead of Cricket.

I didn't have anything in particular that was trouble for us but we still had a very enlightening lesson! :D

Here's what she sad. "Brego is very young, he is Extroverted but sometimes he's more Left Brained than you think. Did you see him sniff that poo? Yeah, that's dominant. Did you see his tail when you sent him? .... Thats independence. He wasn't really looking for leadership when you sent him out on the circle. Play with some Squeeze game and LOTS of Friendly. He really likes you and you're doing a fabulous job with him. Cricket and him are great matches for you."

We talked a lot about his talents and my goals. It was Fabulous and she is a GREAT teacher.

When I helped her with her Clinic on the 12th this month, I asked her why there was the Attitude quality in both the 7 Keys the Success and the 10 Qualities of a Horseman. She said, "...because it's that important. You can have all the right things about horses and have the wrong Attitude. You can have the right Tools and turn them into torture weapons. You can have a good relationship with your horse and then when you start teaching it, you can have the WRONG Attitude."

WOW!! *palm to forehead* That's ME!

*sigh*

Priscilla

2 comments:

lauren said...

wrong attitude? you always have a good attitude when I talk to you...

Priscilla said...

The wrong attitude about my knowledge, the way I treat people who are doing things that are "wrong".

Blog Archive