Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Critiquing my own audition

Westu Hal!

So, watching the video in my former blog post, I realized a few things that really need to change in level 2/3. First off, for the audition itself, I need to let things flow more instead of going through tasks like a checklist. -That was something Abby first suggested. Secondly, I need to have a snappier response to phases 1-2, I had to go the phase 4 before getting a real response. All phases are allowed in level 1, but as you progress you have to have quicker responses. Although we didn't have any warm up and it didn't make the video all too accurate, it's still something that happens after a nice warm up. Thirdly, the circling game needs more allow and a stronger "stay out there 'till further notice" send. Fourthly, I don't spend enough undemanding time, there's never very much pushing and shoving to get to see me. That really needs to change and sitting in the pen doing nothing can change that.

Something more than I learned from this. You really need to be honest with yourself about where you are, somethings done well will seem like a whole level further. Don't fool yourself, know where you are.

Quel fara!

Priscilla

2 comments:

Natural Manners said...

Great critique.....the most important part of your own critique, is that YOU own it. Our opinions of ourselves are more important than anyone elses...most of the time :) We tend to go from too harsh on ourselves to the complete oposite....too pridefull. Learning to find a healthy balance is the key to life.

I think you are doing a great job with your horse....keep up the good work!

Parelli Central said...

Great job, Priscilla! It shows what a nice relationship you have with your horse. And I agree, a loooong phase one, followed by a quick 2-3-4 will help you get a snappier response.
Keep up the good play!

Petra Christensen
Parelli 2Star Junior Instructor
Parelli Central