Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Excitement

Yes! It went quite well!

I was so so happy.

So, no horse is perfect and even Cricket has flaws. The Vet looked her over and said, "She's a really nice mare and I see a lot of potential in her. But, every horse has their flaws but before I tell you about hers, I want you to know that there are world champions with more issues than she has." Phew!

She basically her biggest thing is that she drags her feet a little (never in front of people but he could tell by the shape of her hooves) in her back  end and it's ended up looking more dramatic and upright. He said that it's quite possible that with Cavaletti and other exercises it will be reversible. He said back feet dragging could be a result from a sore back but he poked and prodded with not avail. He said, "She moves like a cat, she's flawless in her stride." Sooo... Green light!

Indeed, her foot dragging NEVER shows when she's being handled, it's only really when she's by herself. So, frequent handling? :)

I'm very excited. Name? Not staying I don't think. Partial to two names so far. Aravis Tarkaan from The Horse and His Boy. Bella is a lot like Aravis, sort of haughty. I also like the name Rhovanion, pronounced "Row-Vah-Nee-Un". It's a region in middle earth, it means "wild country". I really can't decide.

Before she comes home, we have a few jobs to do. We're converting the paneled part of our pen to rail-road tie posts and 2/6". It's cool but a real job. Digging in all this gravel=Ugh!

I also have to order footing for the round pen after I finish raking all the big rocks out.

ALSO: My dear friend Rene' from just a mile down the road went to the Parelli Performance Summit in Pagosa Springs (I was planning to go but it didn't work out) and had a blast. She did a Game of Contact demo with Linda Parelli herself. Lol. Linda said she had soft hands. Linda Parelli's personal assistant and 3 Star Parelli Instructor, Lindsey Fitch is coming to do a Game of Contact Clinic in Pheonix!! I'm planning on Car Pooling with Rene' and auditing if that's possible. It's gonna' be soooo fun! :)

YAY!!!! THIS IS WAY TO MUCH EXCITEMENT FOR EXTROVERTED ME!!!!


-ME!


 

5 comments:

Janine said...

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL soooooooooooo exciting for sure!!!!!!!!!!!

lauren said...

yayay. so excited for you. congrats

Priscilla said...

THANK YOU!! I signed her bill of sale today!

Janine said...

Yeeeppppiiii!

Jemima Anne Barr said...

Woohoo! I personally REALLY like "Rhovanion." the horse quest come to a HAPPY conclusion.