Sunday, April 11, 2010


                                                          ~~Parelli Riding~~


Parelli teaches you to sit on your pockets and move with the horse, this is SO against classical riding (heels down, toes forward, sit up... etc).  
I ride with my horse with a comfortable slouch and going with the flow, people that teach classical riding fight the flow to look good (many people have good intentions, please don't take me wrong). 
Some people think I'm flapping around when I'm not! Look at an old video I have on my blog under "Squeeze game" (it's in the November 2009 archive), ignore my riding and focus on Leah. Does she swish her tail continually with exasperation? No. Does she stumble over a jump because she doesn't have enough help? No. ---She is connected, calm, soft, and mildly playful! What more could I want? Nothing. I am happy with that! (Please observe, I'm not saying I have nothing I need to improve.)  


I can ride bareback and with out a bridle because my wonderful riding teacher [Mr Edwards] told us about Parelli and we bought the DVDs and began watching. 
I have been praying every night this month for God to mold me into the best rider, teacher, learner, and instructor I can be (I know I should have prayed sooner but I didn't think of it then). 
I'm deeply grateful that I haven't fallen and broken my head sooner! *grin*


Conclusion: When I'm flapping, I'm flapping with and for my horse. When I'm jumping, I'm jumping with and for my horse. When I'm galloping, I'm galloping with and for my horse. I'm steady because my horse is steady. I can stay on without any help from my hands or legs because I am fearfully and wonderfully made in the image of my creator.      


That's it for now!


Toodles!


Priscilla


xoxoxoxo


Psalm 139:14~ I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made

No comments: