Friday, August 12, 2011

Okay... Here I go again... Horses I saw... And... Loved?!

I went to a fairground today with Mommy and Daddy to look at some ex-race Thoroughbreds. Hmm... How interesting! In three words, here's what I'm looking for: Tall. Dark. Handsome. :)

I started with a 3 year old filly. She was sweet.... Not quite what I wanted. She had very little "go" but I liked her sweetness. Next. :)

The next was a 6 year old mare, raced 8 times, won once. Sweet... but only a little more "go" than the Filly.

Next was a 17+ hand gelding. He raced 85 times... Uhh.... mmmm.... Cool horse.... To many times racing... not much "go"!

HERE COMES THE ROCK STARS!!!

I think I've fallen in love with two horses!! I'm thinking, "Girl, get your act together and be fair to the guys!" (both are geldings) :)

First Gelding... Wow.

The owner told me I need to keep the stud chain on him, "Just in case"... "Haha.. Okay?" I figured out -about 3 mins later- why. He LOVES to go? Yeah.. That's an understatement. He was a complete rock star and he knew it. I was standing in the middle of a circle with him galloping around me, adding some bucks in there, and I was just flying the kite! Daddy was afraid for me, tried to be a sheild, and told me that I was the kite- not the horse... he he.. Before I even started playing with him, he was in the hotwalker, walking backwards and bucking at the same time... Hmm... Me likie! He was bucking dirt clods 50' away from him... Tall, Dark, and Handsome discribed him.

Second Gelding.... Another wow!

He was a lot like the first gelding expect he was less Left brained, had more of a sweetness about him and a "I never want to be wrong" attitude. Also had a stud chain. Also was being crazy in the hot walker. He runs BEAUTIFULLY. When he's unsure about something, he looks a little arab-like.. Very pretty. No bucking while I "played" with him. But he did buck and rear in the hotwalker.. Ekk... scary...

The last two were the only ones on edge and CRAZY. Really really really really cool horses.

I found that fact that mommy moved her lawn chair back to avoid the dirt clods funny.. They like to go.. YES!

SO HARD TO THINK.. I really really really really liked them... (does trying to find a good name for them mean you're in love?)

-Priscilla


PS. Yes, I'm feeling a bit raw and on happy adrenaline. :)

PPS. I'm going to see two more horses within the next 3 days... Keeping my cool. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! I passed your name along to a gal here in the valley that has 2 free horses she wants to go to a natural home, I think they were both TBs? Anyway, the instructor here in Phoenix (Mary Lou Johnson) may email you or connect you with this gal (I can't remember her name) keep in touch with me if anything comes of it!! xoxo - Holly

Anonymous said...

These guys sound so sweet. Yes I think trying to name them does mean love but be sure to name them cool names like Philias Fog or Perigrine or some nice thing in another language:D

Anonymous said...

Hi Priscilla! Grace and I think that it's great that you've found two horses that you think are cool. Hope you find the perfect horse to be a BFF for Cricket. Can't wait to see you again. Do you want to go with me to an event at my church called Mud Bowl? Our church (Christ Community Church) and another church (El Camino Baptist) participate. It is in a field that is filled with mud and we play active games. I'll email you more details about it as I learn about them. It's happening Friday, Sept 9th. Bye! Mady