Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The more I see...

.... the more I want to take them all home. Yes, horses!

I've seen three more horses.. I liked all of them but they weren't quite what I was looking for.

"Bo" was a complete sweet heart. He's a Thoroughbred. His pros: willing, confident. His cons: shorter than what I'm looking for (15.3 hands) and something seemed wrong in his stride. Hmmm... COOL HORSE!!

"Victor" (aka. Visions of Victory)... was VERY hard to think about turning down. He's an Arabian. He was SO perfect... just not for me. His pros are almost to many to count. GORGEOUS. Out of national champion parents. Liked to go. Wonderful stride. The cons: he's only a yearling and there's a strong possibility that he won't grow quite as much  as I want.

"Cash".. Loved this Thoroughbred, he actually looked more like a Warmblood. I wanted to take him home right off. He had a great head start in the direction I'm going (Parelli Professionalism, dressage and jumping). He was not in a Natural horsemanship home but he was in a place that treated him more natural than they probably knew. Wonderful environment. GREAT HORSE.... He just didn't want to go as much as I'd wish... :) *sigh*

There's a price to being as picky as I am. You have to turn down some amazing horses. You have to be firm. You have to hold yourself back and wait for everything to be right. You MUST trust that God has the right thing for you out there and he might surprise you. :)

I have pictures of these horses and I'll upload maybe later..

Westu hal, Rohirrim! Quel fara!!

Elrohwen

2 comments:

Jemima Anne Barr said...

totally right. About the waiting for God's perfect one. It may not be your idea of perfect but it will be.

Priscilla said...

Yes! Right!