Saturday, July 23, 2011

Tye


I went to see 'Tye', the horse in the previous post today, it was really fun. She's a 16h, off track, Thoroughbred mare. She. was. STUNNING. She was also very left brained which was not the impression the owner gave me through email and pictures. She was both introverted and extroverted and was an effortless mover. When I got on (which was after I played quite a bit on the ground) and rode her I was bareback and in a halter, her trot was smooth but she had HUGE strides. I played with her in the round pen first and I saw that she maintained gait really well but her mind wasn't on me. I decided to let her in the arena and watch her run. WOW. She is fast, and she moves at top speed like it's NOTHING and she was totally left brained about it. She raced 4 times in Prescott and won every race but she got bored of it.. LOL. She's got a Monstrous canter, really great ride. VERY big strides. On the ground I tried asking her over a pole on the ground and she totally cleared it, such an over achiever. When I asked her over the barrels, she ran through them. Typical race horse habit. 

I really really liked this horse but I have at least 5 more that mom wants me to look at. She insists that I look at at least 5 before making a decision. :)

I didn't really know if you guys would want to hear about the horse hunt but I decided to write anyways. :)

Priscilla 

PS. I was very stupid and didn't bring a camera.. 

3 comments:

lauren said...

yes I want to hear about it. totally!!

virginagirl said...

She sound sweet! And I deffinetly know that I want to hear of it.

Anonymous said...

Oops. That was not Lydia that was Jemma, I messed up.