Tuesday, June 14, 2011

He brings us back

I've noticed that I allow Cricket into my space, really close, and frequently. It's not very good right now because she's not asking permission about it much. Really testing my leadership and consistency to keep her about 6-9 feet away (it's my personal bubble) from me unless other wise stated.

I was playing with this very concept today and I saw something very cool. She kept trying to come in and didn't really have a nice expression, ears back. She was playing the driving game with me! I drove her back and made her stand there for about 30 seconds and her ears went from "I hate you!" to asking a question. So cool. I need to work on that more.

Kind of strange that I didn't catch this before. I love her so much and I'm very weak I guess 'cause I always need her close.

I've just had another thought semi-related.

We can come to church sometimes with a "I do this every time, such a burden" sort of outlook. We come to God with an expression very much like Cricket's. He usually drives us away and looks off waiting for us to seek him earnestly again. If you see my Bible verse at the top of my blog, you'll know that when we seek him whole heartedly, he brings us back.

Such grace.

-Priscilla

No comments: