Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Tiny session with Leah and Cricket

I went outside for about an hour today and did some freestyle on Leah and Cricket.
I got on Leah and we started walking, I was good with that. Then we trotted I was happpy with that (no tails swishing, that's good). Then a asked for a little canter and she went willingly with no tails swishing. Then I messed around with her for a bit. She was quite compliant and expressive, no tails swishing.
Then I got Cricket, she was not compiant but very expressive, shes adorable! <3 I love my pretty little pony SO much! I asked her to walk, so walk walk walk... STOP! Walk walk walk... STOP!! lol! Giggle walk walk walk.. Stop!! LOL! I loved it! She was fairly happy with this routine. Ears forward and confident, she was so sure that she was doing the right thing that I let her go. She really just wanted the hay. :) :) :)

For any tips, ask me if you want.

Priscilla

2 comments:

The Stevensons said...

Other than "cause Pat said so," why is it not good for horses to swish their tails while trotting or cantering? How can you tell the difference between that and when they are trying to get a bug off their fur?

Also, how do you make the horse recognize that you're correcting the tail swooshing and not something else?

Any help you can give would be great. :) I'm glad you're having fun with your horses.

virginagirl said...

The tail-swishing thing she's talking about is a nervous cranking that happens right after you ask for something (i.e. a change of pace). It means the horse isn't happy. You can tell when it happens.