Monday, February 15, 2010

Shadow

Shadow, Paul Tanner's stunning yearling colt, the one I trained all by myself, died Sunday. I hope he went peacefully.



Oh why, thats what I am asking
Was there anything i could have said or done
God only knows why he'd take you from the stage in the middle of a song

Now in my mind ill keep you frozen as a 1 year old
Rounding third to score the winning run
You always played with passion no matter what the game
When you took the stage you shined just like the sun

Oh why thats what I keep asking
Was there anything I could have said or done
Oh God only knows why he'd take you from the stage in the middle of a song
Yeah

Oh I theres no comprehending and who am i to try judge or explain
Now your gone and we'll cry
I wish you could've stayed to finish
Your beautiful song
Your absolutely beautiful song


(*I edited some of the words for the occasion... You say it as a poem, not like a song, it's based off of the song "Why" by Rascal Flatts*)

Toodles!

Priscilla

No comments: