Wednesday, February 3, 2010

"Poor little invalid singing the blues about trail ride gone wrong"

Sigh

Ok, so after taking Omnibus Secondary, as usual mom and I went on our run. Mom started before me and Cricket and I were having a tiny bit of trouble. So I eventually got off to walk her by the highway (186, three mile loop). It was trash day (the day the garbage cans are all out and the big truck comes and collects all the trash) and Cricket and I had passed many trash cans already and I felt I could get back on safely. So, Mom was too far ahead to have any hope of her being able to ride and Cricket and I were now walking down the road leisurely. We continued like this for 1/4 of a mile and were soon approaching 3 more, run of the money, every day, trash cans. OK? So, she came up, "it all happened so fast! It was woosh! And she was gone!" (anyone who has seen the Andy Griffith show called "Opie and the Spoiled kid" would know what I'm talking about), so I'm in bed with a skinned elbow and side with a really badly sprained ankle. (*Please! No more ice*)

What I learned and will share:

1) I didn't know just how Left Brain Extroverted Cricket was getting (big lesson and that's super), see number 3.
2) Play more!
3) Do a Horsenality Chart more often to see where she's going.
4) Get Cricket "sweet" on garbage cans (jump them, put treats on them).
5) GET OFF! No need to ride that bronc, work it out on the ground.

Lessons learned!

Toodles for now!

Priscilla

7 comments:

Katie said...

Awww, what an adventure - hope you heal up quickly, Cilla!! I love reading about your work with Cricket. She is privileged to have such a loving, knowledgeable owner. Miss you lots, xoxoxoxoxox Come visit me sometime please! I will be having a baby at the end of June so you should come over to Scotland and help me out if Cricket can spare you! ;-)

Priscilla said...

He he! I'd love too! I'll have to look at my plans. Congratulations! Boy or Girl?

C and H Walker said...

I know it's not funny, but I can just hear Barney saying that from the episode. I couldn't help laughing. I'm sorry!! I absolutely hate sprained ankles. I've had my fare share. But, of course I was doing something really stupid when I had my worst sprain. haha (and then I have to pretend to sprain my ankle in the next play we're doing) hmmm

Take care of yourself! :) I hope you feel better.

Priscilla said...

Thanks Hannah! I know you'll do great! You must me theatrical, I'm not.... I hate being on stage.

What play is it?

C and H Walker said...

Thanks. :P
The play is Sense and Sensibility. I'm Marianne. :)

Priscilla said...

Play it well! Shes amazing...

C and H Walker said...

I'll try. :)