Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Willing and motivated? Yeah

In the past 3 or so months I've noticed Cricket (LBI) getting more and more snappy and happy. I play with her almost everyday and the last time I played with her, she was brilliant. 

We're preparing for our Level 3 Liberty audition and she's learning everything so fast. Her response has been ears forward all the way. Here's what a conversation with her is like. 

"Cricket, can you-" 
"Yes, ma'am!" 
"Do you mind comin-" 
"Sure, you mean this?" 
"Yes!" 
"Why don't-" 
"This, right?" 
"Yes, again!" 


I've found that in Level 2 your horse starts trying to read your mind and usually gets it "wrong". But in Level 3/4 they get smarter and start seeing things clearer! It's BRILLIANT! 


At liberty I can now ask for close and long range circles (no round pen!) walk and trot when about 2 months ago that was impossible! 


We can do extreme friendly game, stick to me canter, circles, sideways towards and away from me, yo-yo back and forth (22'!), Figure 8s (walk and trot)! It's INCREDIBLE what an LBI will give you once they're interested. WOW! 



I was talking to Karen Koetsier a long time ago and she said being at the young age that I am (14 years old) and at this level of horsemanship, people would KILL to be in my shoes... 


I'm so thankful that God gave me Cricket because she's really the one who does all this!! 

3 comments:

lauren said...

priscilla, I am so happy for you.
keep going,
me

Jemima Anne Barr said...

So she has given up needing those buttered gram crackers? ya!now they are rewards and spoilers I suppose?

same as above said...

by the by:have fun with Em!